Wed, Aug 21|
Lot 11 (Tentative)
Miami Skate Science @ Lot 11 Skatepark - Fall Session 2 - 1pm to 2:30pm
Enjoy 7 weeks of the Science of Action Sports. Classes will include 45 minutes of lab and class followed by 45 minutes of surfing or skateboarding. Classes set to begin on Wednesday, August 21st - December 4th, and will be held bi-weekly at Lot 11 Skatepark.
Time & Location
Aug 21, 2019, 1:00 PM – Dec 04, 2019, 2:30 PM
Lot 11 (Tentative), 348 NW 2nd St, Miami, FL 33128, USA
About the Event
Session 2: Wednesday from 1pm-2:30pm.
About the class: Enjoy 7 weeks of the Science of Action Sports. Classes will include 45 minutes of lab and class followed by 45 minutes of skateboarding.
- Homeschool Physics, Ecology, Engineering, and Environmental Science Curriculum
- Active Learning & Labs
- Classes set to begin August 21st
- Early Registration Discount
- Skate Classes ONLY (7 week terms)
- Weekly Follow Up Emails with More Creative Learning Opportunities to Try at Home
- Limited to 20 Students
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified Coaches
*Please note there will be a $25 lab fee per student in addition to cost of class. This will be due the first day of fall term. Save $35 when you register before May 1st with code 'EARLY'
Dates & Location Subject to Change:
Week 1: Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Week 2: Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Week 3: Wednesday, October 2, 2019
No Classes - September 18, 2019
Week 4: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Week 5: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 (Costume Party)
Week 6: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 (Skate Day with the Sheckler Foundation - Broward & Miami-Dade Classes Welcome)
Week 7:Wednesday, Decmber 4, 2019 (Costume Party)
Rain Make-Up Date: Wednesday, December 18th
Standards Taught (Physics)
-Intro to Physics
-Labs & Safety
-Forces & Motion
-Newton’s 1st Law (Law of Inertia)
-Newton’s 2nd Law (Net Force = ma)
-Newton’s 3rd Law (Equal and Opposite Forces)
-Newton’s Law of Gravity
-Conservation of Momentum
-Collision and Recoil
-Kinetic and Potential Energy
-Work and Forces
7 Weeks of Skate Science
7 weeks of skate science starting August 21st, Tentative location: Lot 11 in Miami. Receive an Early Registration Discount when you register before May 1st with code: EARLY
Our lab fee covers all lab materials for classes throughout the semester
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER UPCOMING EVENT?
CLICK RSVP AND SCROLL BACK TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR THE REGISTRATION
- Weekly - Work on your own scheduleOnline Course - You make the scheduleWeekly - Work on your own scheduleOnline Course - You make the scheduleWe are inviting all homeschoolers to join us this semester in being an everglades explorer. Lessons are available for grade K-8 and can be done at your own pace. Share photos of you doing the lessons to be entered each month to win a prize. We will be posting new lessons each Monday.
- Multiple DatesFri, Apr 07Location is TBD - Palm Beach CountyApr 07, 10:00 AM – Apr 08, 12:00 PMLocation is TBD - Palm Beach CountyJoin us on an Everglades Adventure with Palm Beach Environmental Resource Management. We will explore the "Chemistry" of the Everglades. Time and Exact Location TBA
- Multiple DatesWed, Apr 05Location is TBD - Palm Beach CountyApr 05, 10:00 AM – Apr 06, 12:00 PMLocation is TBD - Palm Beach CountyJoin us on an Everglades Adventure with Palm Beach Environmental Resource Management. We will explore the "Chemistry" of the Everglades. Time and Exact Location TBA
- Fri, Feb 17Delray Beach Art MuseumFeb 17, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PMDelray Beach Art Museum, 51 N Swinton Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444, USALearn, touch and see the history of surfing and skateboarding in Florida.