VIRTUAL CLASSES WITH SURF SKATE SCIENCE
Architecture & Drafting through Skatepark Design
Classes for Middle & High School Ages
Students will learn the basics of architectural drafting, landscape design, layout, flow, skatepark feature, and more in this 7 week learning experience. This session, each student will learn basic drafting and design, skatepark ramps and flow, and cast their own miniature park in concrete.
Instruction includes weekly one-hour like zoom lessons with Certified Architectural Drafter and Skateboarder Zion Frallicciardi and follow up leaning materials. Students will also learn from top industry professionals. At the end of each term, student will present a replica of their dream skatepark.
Spring Class Dates Coming Soon!
BEFORE DECEMBER 1st: $125
AFTER DECEMBER 1st: $150 (Coupon Code 'EARLYARCH')
Class Fee Includes Most Materials, Certificate of Completion, and Book
MORE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Join us this summer for our virtual summer camps for middle and high school students. We will also continue to share FREE learning opportunities and more virtual careers days. Stay tuned for updates.
Surf Skate Science is a homeschool meetup in South Florida. We have loved making science active by meeting at local skate and surf spots to learn about science with hands-on activities then skating or surfing together to apply the science we learn in the park or on a wave. As almost 100% of families around the world turn to home education, we (as homeschoolers) as also adjusting to "social distancing" (homeschoolers thrive on getting out and learning with other families) and the new norm of sitting in front of a screen way more than we normally like to. We will continue to share opportunities from Surf Skate Science and other organizations we love throughout the summer in hopes to inspire students to learn STEAM through Action Sports.
Join us for in person camps, private & group lessons, virtual learning, unique learning labs, and more.
- FREE: MARINE SCIENCE SERIESThu, Feb 04RSVP for LinkFeb 04, 11:00 AM – Apr 01, 11:30 AMRSVP for LinkManatee Lagoon has teamed up with The Reef Institute to offer a free educational series of ten weekly engaging lessons aligned with Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, providing the opportunity for students to take a deep dive into marine science and understand how living organisms, such as ma
- Aliens of the Deep with Dr DijannaWed, Feb 24Zoom
- Virtual Career Day with Tim Payne of Team Pain SkateparksMon, Mar 01Zoom
- Crazy Underwater Inventions with Stephan RodanFri, Mar 12ZoomMar 12, 4:00 PMZoomStephan Rodan is the President of Beyond Coral Foundation, inventor of CHARM (the coral farming robot), master of engineering candidate at JCU, graduate from MIT in mechanical and nuclear physics, and previous NASA Jet Propulsion Lab engineer. He will be joining us from Australia to share how he fir
- Designing a Great Skate Spot with Dinero DIY founders & CreatorsMon, Mar 22ZoomMar 22, 12:30 PMZoomMeet two of our favorite mother and daughter duo, Eve and Levanna. Originally from the UK, but they now live in Spain. They started Dinero DIY for a fun project that grew into one of our favorite skateparks in the world. We love their creativity and their willingness to try new things and learn al