August 23 - December 13|
Deerfield Pier (Surf) - Tamarac (Skate)
Broward Surf Skate Science - Fall 2019
Enjoy 14 weeks of the Science of Action Sports. Most classes will include 45 minutes of lab and class followed by 45 minutes of surfing or skateboarding. Classes set to begin August 23rd.
Time & Location
August 23 - December 13
Deerfield Pier (Surf) - Tamarac (Skate), Deerfield Beach, FL, USA
About the Event
Enjoy 14 weeks of the Science of Action Sports. Most classes will include 45 minutes of lab and class followed by 45 minutes of surfing or skateboarding. We will also visit local venues on "field trips" to learn about science, action sports and careers in the field of STEAM.
- Homeschool Physics, Ecology, Engineering, Environmental and Marine Science Curriculum
- Active Learning & Labs
- Classes set to begin August 23th
- Early Registration Discount
- Weekly Follow Up Emails with More Creative Learning Opportunities to Try at Home
- Option to sign up for Surf Classes or Skate Classes ONLY (7 week terms)
- Limited to 20 Students
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified Coaches
*Please note there will be a $25 lab fee per student in addition to cost of class. This will be due the first day of fall term. Save when you registerbefore May 1st. Save $50 on the full class with code 'EARLYALL'. Save $35 on skate class with code 'EARLYSKATE'. Save $35 on surf class with code 'EARLYSURF'
Broward Skate Science
Location: Tamarac Sports Complex Skatepark
9901 NW 77th St, Tamarac, FL 33321
Week 1: August 23, 2019
Week 2: September 6, 2019
NO CLASS 9/20/19
Week 3: October 4, 2019
Week 4: October 18, 2019
Week 5:November 1, 2019
Week 6: November 13, 2019 (Special Event)
NO CLASS 11/27/19
Week 7: December 13, 2019
Rain Make-Up Dates: November 4th & December 18th
Broward Surf Science
Location: Derfield Beach North Pavillion
314 NE 21st Ave, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Week 1: August 30, 2019
Week 2: September 13, 2019
Week 3: September 27, 2019
Week 4: October 11, 2019
NO CLASS 10/25/19
Week 5: November 8, 2019
SPECIAL EVENT IN MIAMI 11/13/19
Week 6: November 22, 2019
Week 7: December 6, 2019
*PLEASE NOTE THAT A LIMITED NUMBER OF LOANER SKATEBOARDS & FOAM SURFBOARDS ARE PROVIDED FOR EACH CLASS. PARTICIPANTS ARE WELCOME TO BRING THEIR OWN. HELMETS AND PADS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
School Standards (Physics)
-Intro to Physics
-Labs & Safety
-Forces & Motion
-Newton’s 1st Law (Law of Inertia)
-Newton’s 2nd Law (Net Force = ma)
-Newton’s 3rd Law (Equal and Opposite Forces)
-Newton’s Law of Gravity
-Conservation of Momentum
-Collision and Recoil
-Kinetic and Potential Energy
-Work and Forces
-Properties of Waves
-Transfer of Energy
Entire Semester of Surf Skate
14 Weeks of Surf and Skate Classes. Save $50 when you register before May 1st with code 'EARLYALL'
7 Weeks of Skate Science
7 Weeks of Skate Classes. Save $35 when you register before May 1st with code 'EARLYSKATE'
7 Weeks of Surf Science
7 Weeks of Surf Classes. Receive $35 Off when you register before May 1st with code 'EARYSURF'
Mandatory Lab Fee
Lab fee due before the first day of class
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER UPCOMING EVENT?
CLICK RSVP AND SCROLL BACK TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR THE REGISTRATION
- Weekly - Work on your own scheduleOnline Course - You make the scheduleWeekly - Work on your own scheduleOnline Course - You make the scheduleWe are inviting all homeschoolers to join us this semester in being an everglades explorer. Lessons are available for grade K-8 and can be done at your own pace. Share photos of you doing the lessons to be entered each month to win a prize. We will be posting new lessons each Monday.
- Multiple DatesFri, Apr 07Location is TBD - Palm Beach CountyApr 07, 10:00 AM – Apr 08, 12:00 PMLocation is TBD - Palm Beach CountyJoin us on an Everglades Adventure with Palm Beach Environmental Resource Management. We will explore the "Chemistry" of the Everglades. Time and Exact Location TBA
- Multiple DatesWed, Apr 05Location is TBD - Palm Beach CountyApr 05, 10:00 AM – Apr 06, 12:00 PMLocation is TBD - Palm Beach CountyJoin us on an Everglades Adventure with Palm Beach Environmental Resource Management. We will explore the "Chemistry" of the Everglades. Time and Exact Location TBA
- Fri, Feb 17Delray Beach Art MuseumFeb 17, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PMDelray Beach Art Museum, 51 N Swinton Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444, USALearn, touch and see the history of surfing and skateboarding in Florida.