Surf-Skate-Science is a program designed to enrich school curriculum. We offer physical activity through surf and skate lessons. Plus, participants will also learn the science involved in Action Sports including marine biology, environmental science, physics and more. Currently Surf Skate Science operates as a homeschool co-op with families gathering to learn together. However, our hope is to soon bring this great curriculum to local schools, parks, camps and event. For more info fill out the form below.
WHY ACTION SPORTS & SCIENCE?
It's a fact... kids just learn more when learning is hands- on and they are having fun. Our co-op classes offer active learning opportunities where kids can learn the science behind activities they love. This is what we call Action Science.
Each week we wil learn the Science of Surfing or Skateboarding. In our surf science classes, you will learn the science behind waves and get to know our local marine life. We will even visit a local shaper and get an inside look at how a surfboard is made. On our skate science weeks, jump on a board and learn the science of skateboarding. You will also learn the process of how a skateboard is created and even get a chance at making a skateboard deck of you own as we dive into the science and design of a skate deck.
Students become not just skaters in a park or surfers in the water but scientists taking about motion, Newton's laws, simple machines, and the environment.
DROP IN LABS FOR EVENTS, CAMPS & PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS
CREATE-A-SKATE (One Day Art & Science Workshop)
$40 per participant*
Minimum 10 Students
All materials provided. Each student will create their own skateboard deck to take home
We will work with your schedule
An engaging STEAM program. Participants learn the material science behind a creating a skateboard deck. They wil also learn woodworking, design, art & more.
INTERESTED IN BRINGING THE PROGRAM TO YOUR CAMP OR SCHOOL?
- Available at Your Own PaceMail & Online
- Fri, Mar 12ZoomMar 12, 4:00 PMZoomStephan Rodan is the President of Beyond Coral Foundation, inventor of CHARM (the coral farming robot), master of engineering candidate at JCU, graduate from MIT in mechanical and nuclear physics, and previous NASA Jet Propulsion Lab engineer. He will be joining us from Australia to share how he fir
- Wed, Mar 10Zoom
- Mon, Mar 01Zoom
- Mon, Feb 15Webinar - Live on ZoomFeb 15, 12:30 PM EST – Mar 29, 1:30 PM EDTWebinar - Live on ZoomAges 10-17 Students will learn the basics of architectural drafting, landscape design, layout, flow, skatepark feature, and more in this week long virtual camp. Each student will receive a beginners drafting kit by mail and participate in daily zoom lessons with Certified Architectural Drafter and
- Thu, Feb 04https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2952648664Feb 04, 11:00 AM – Apr 01, 11:30 AMhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/2952648664Manatee Lagoon has teamed up with The Reef Institute to offer a free educational series of ten weekly engaging lessons aligned with Next Generation Sunshine State Standards, providing the opportunity for students to take a deep dive into marine science and understand how living organisms, such as ma
- Mar 22, 12:30 PMZoomMeet two of our favorite mother and daughter duo, Eve and Levanna. Originally from the UK, but they now live in Spain. They started Dinero DIY for a fun project that grew into one of our favorite skateparks in the world. We love their creativity and their willingness to try new things and learn al